City Center Waco is in a unique position to help potential developers and business owners pursue ventures downtown in the most efficient way possible.
City Center can step in and be a catalyst to accelerate a project that comes to a standstill and an advocate for those who need a seat at the table. And, with our knowledge of city plans, we can steer projects to fit the vision of the community while also meeting the needs and desires of the involved developers and business owners.
Examples of Accelerate & Steer in action include:
- weighing in on proposed design
- advising people on potential value, uses, opportunities for property they’re considering buying or already own.
- helping folks with a vision find a space
- developing incentives to fill gaps and make deals happen
- securing design services free to developers from our Texas Historical Commission resources
- directly participating in projects if that’s what it takes: for example, the Cotton Belt Railroad Bridge
Our Next Project:
City Center Waco would like to announce an exciting opportunity on Elm Avenue. Last year we purchased two buildings on Elm, totaling 5000 sqft, for the purpose of developing it into a commercial space that would create business opportunities and showcase the entrepreneurial spirit of East Waco. The historic buildings are located at 209/211 Elm next to Empire Seed. We plan to renovate the space in 2021 and are a currently seeking a master tenant to lease the finished building from us, potentially bring in other businesses as well, and curate and manage the overall mix. Our hope is to see it be a hub for local businesses with the flair of the East Waco community.